Ok, gang, the big weekend (the one that begins a season of big weekends) is upon us! Have you done everything you can to insure that your friend or family, co-worker or neighbor is coming to
If not, here are the top ten things you can do to help make it happen!
10.Hand deliver an invite card if you havenâ€™t done so yet.
09. Call them and tell them youâ€™ll meet them at such and such a service (give them time and exact location).
08. Invite them to dinner after the Saturday evening service.
07. Meet them for pastries and coffee before the 8:30 service.
06. Better yet, take them to Starbucks or Paneras before the 8:30 service (youâ€™d best be dealing with morning people if you do this!).
04. Take them out for dessert or ice cream at the end of the concert (Thereâ€™s a Cold Stone Creamery right there!).
03. Offer to pick them up and take them to church!
02. Take them to lunch after the 10:00 or 11:30 am service.
And the number one way to pretty much guarantee that your special someone (or many special someones) makes it to Southbrook this weekend isâ€¦
#1. Tie them up and throw them in the trunk. Carry them into church and prop them up in the front row. Theyâ€™ll have all eternity to thank you!*
* please note, this is a joke. Thereâ€™s always one who just doesnâ€™t get it!
See you all tonight at the Promenade and at all four services this weekend!!