This is a continuation of yesterdayâ€™s post. I have a few more amazing moments from the Georgia Aquarium to share with you all.
Perhaps the greatest Homer Simpson moment (DOOP!) was seeing all the incredible efforts human beings have to go through in order to keep the fish in one of the relatively small exhibits alive. Here is a sampling:
- There is a waterfall (or water dump) that occurs (itâ€™s on a timer) every 2 minutes in order to simulate the waves and currents common to thriving reef areas.
- Another affect is that the cascading water stirs up the other water and pumps in oxygen at a pace that never stops. If it stops or goes off timing just a bit, fish will begin to die.
- Above the small exhibit are huge florissant lights and blue lights and lights I never heard of that simulate sunlight so that the proper amount of algae and plankton can thrive.
- There are heaters
- There are coolers
- The temperature needs to stay no higher than about 83 or so and no lower than 77, or, fish die.
Thereâ€™s a lot more. Our guide went into great detail and unfortunately, I didnâ€™t write it down. Suffice it to say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so take a closer look at the picture above.
Looks like the lab from that show, â€œBill Nie the Science Guy.â€
Compare that to Godâ€™s lab.
- Waves and current from the ocean
- All natural
- Perfectly balanced
- Man can only hurt, not help the real environment.
- Oh, and Godâ€™s aquarium for similar reef presentations is slightly bigger. Itâ€™s called the Great Barrier Reef!
So everyone of us who looks at creation and comes up with any conclusion other than God is without excuse.
God is that obvious.
18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.[i] 19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualitiesâ€”his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.
21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldnâ€™t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools. 23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each otherâ€™s bodies. 25 They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. 26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved. Romans 1:18â€“27 (NLT)
What a weekend! Here are some more pictures from the Aquarium. Enjoy!
The strangest creatures of all!