I can’t tell you how many times I hear people talk about how their finances (or rather, ‘lack thereof’) are ruining their lives. They put it many different ways, but it’s all the same…
- We can never seem to make ends meet.
- We’re just living pay check to pay check.
- There nothing left over at the end of the month.
- There’s always more month than money.
- If I just had a little bit more! (<— This one is my favorite cop out of them all)
- I’m just not good with money. (<— Yeah, you’re bad with it, that’s why you need help!)
- I like to shop. ( <— Well cut it out! )
- My wife likes to shop (cop out).
- We’re just not yet recovered from Christmas. (Wow, what a great way to celebrate the birth of Christ, by putting you and your family in a hole it takes until next Christmas to climb out of!)
You know, you’ve heard them too. You may have uttered a few of them yourselves. Well now it’s time to do something about it. THIS WEEKEND (as in starting TONIGHT) we will have the honor of having Joe Sangl come and share with us a biblical perspective on being master over your finances instead of them mastering you. We’ve never had someone come in and talk from this area of expertise mainly because the ones I knew of didn’t fit our style of ministry (read here, ‘they were boring’). Joe is different.
- He’s funny
- Did I mention, funny?
Don’t miss this weekend and if you have friends or family, co-workers or neighbors who could use help in this area (i.e. everyone you know)—invite them this weekend.
Preferably to tonight’s service or the 8:30. The 10:00 and 11:30 AM services are standing room only (or whatever’s beyond standing room).
Hope to see you all there!
P.S. On a different note, a lot of folks have told me that yesterday’s post was very helpful for them to understand more about Southbrook and the way we are structured. If you haven’t read it you can do so here.