Part of what I do I really love.
Part of what I do I really hate.
Let me explain.
- I love teaching on stewardship. — I hate sounding like the church is begging for money.
- I love helping people with their hurts. — But I hate it when wolves creep into God’s church and cause those hurts.
- I love to teach for transformation. — I hate to just spew out Bible trivia.
- I love to comfort the grieving. — I hate to see people hurting.
- I love to see our church growing. — But I hate to see people simply act as seat warmers week after week.
- I love to be a part of discipleship for thousands. — I hate to see people equate head knowledge with maturity.
I could go on and on. Point is, much of what I do is love/hate.
Today was a bit of both.
Today we filmed our “One Prayer” video for use in the June “One Prayer” campaign.
I love being a part of that. No hate counterpart there. I love it. Period.
But my message was one I both loved and hated.
On the one hand, I love to talk about the holiness of the LORD.
On the other hand, I hate that so many Christians today have so little reverence for God.
Nothing real deep there. Just a Sunday evening mind dump.
See you tomorrow.