Today when I stood before the group at our Southbrook Monroe campus a flood of emotions washed over me.
I know that sounds like a cheesy line from a romantic novel or something but itâ€™s so true. I was taken back instantaneously to the very early days of Southbrook Church as it rose from the ashes of Grace Community Churchâ€¦
May she rest in peace.
Only there were about twice as many people at Southbrook Monroe and the energy was much better! I know I wonâ€™t get a lot of opportunities to do this, but after today Iâ€™m going to figure out a way. This launch team is ready to storm the gates of Hell with Walmart issue squirt guns if need be!
Watch out Monroe!
Some great things I noticed right awayâ€”things church plants usually take over a year to get right:
- A rockin, well organized, fun childrenâ€™s ministry
- Warm, informative, friendly greeters and 1st impressions folks everywhere you turned
- The worship was off the hook!
- The preaching was phenomenalâ€”oops, I was daydreaming for a second.
- Coolest thing? A vibe that was everywhere and with everyone that seemed to anticipate God doing great things!
- The children were having fun, the teens were tracking. Everyone was on vision!
- We probably had over 150 people all together (not bad for a brand new multisite/outreach missionâ€”launched in the middle of the summer!)!
Yep, it was a great day at Southbrook Monroe.
I heard it was pretty awesome over at Southbrook Central too! And in the Video Cafe!
Now if I could just figure out how to be in 3 places at once.
Here are a couple more pictures for you all to enjoy.