I always get excited when I know we are getting closer to a powerful movement from God! And I feel like this weekend will be such a time. Thereâ€™s a lot of evidence for it.
1. Satan has been working overtime, using guilt and depression as we expose dysfunctional sexual views among people today.
2. I opened my blog up to atheists and militant God-haters about a week and a half ago and the response has been so huge I had to start another blog just to deal with it. You can read all about it here.
3. The phone calls, e-mails, and blog comments are WAAAAAAAAAY up when I even hint about sex! Check out all the comments on this post. People are curious, angry, disillusioned, and hurting.
4. Satan always kicks it into overdrive right before Godâ€™s Spirit moves big.
So, Brookies, I ask for your prayers and a couple other things as well:
â€“ please follow all the way through and invite, invite, invite.
â€“ at least give out the 3 invite cards I sent you in the mail and follow up with those folks–bringing them to the “Friends with Benefits” conclusion, THIS WEEKEND !
â€“ If everyone cancels on you, or even if it works best for your guests, could some of you shift to either the Saturday evening service or the Sunday 8:30 AM service. The others will be slammed!
â€“ Donâ€™t give into the temptation to pull a no-show rather than coming without a guest. We still need you there praying and showing our guests authentic worship.
Ok, everyone ready?!
By the way, are you all getting familiar with the newest Southbrook blog yet?
1. Southbrook Revealed (a weekly recap of the weekend message and services. Click here to visit this blog now.).
And for the 3 of you who have not yet heard about the contest to get YOUR imput on, “Friends with Benefit,” here it is again.
Write a blog about the best thing(s) you (or your parents) ever did (a talk, a life lesson, a summer camp, the way you and your spouse modeled a healthy relationship, etc.) to help ensure that you or your young ones didnâ€™t get swept up in the cultural current.
The best entry gets a night on the town on us (dinner, movie tickets). Iâ€™ll pick a winner at the end of the series (end of February) provided we have at least 20 people participateâ€“call me cheap, I donâ€™t care. Dates cost a fortune these days!
And just to keep this sane, here are the rules,
1. You must have a blog.
2. Write a post on your blog that tells others about the â€œmentoring moment(s)â€ â€” give us all the juicy details, please!
3. Include a link to todayâ€™s post. In other words, include the following link in the post you write, http://www.robsingleton.net/2008/02/15/lets-talk-about-sex-baby/
4. Have your post up by noon, Wednesday, February 27th.
5. Include a link back to this post in your post.
5. Begin the whole process by linking below the above post using, “Mr. Linky.” Please be sure to link the specific page that your entry post is on.