One: I feel like dreaming
Two: I’m from California
I love reading the posts of my favorite pastors, friends and fellow servants in ministry. They get me fired up! Today I read one where the pastor listed his dreams for all to see. That really struck me on several levels. First, dreams aren’t worth much if they are not shared. Second, the more public you make them, the more God gets the glory. Third, there’s something about a forerunner blazing the trail ahead of others that makes it easier for those who follow to do the same with boldness and enthusiasm. So, I thought I’d sort of let it all hang out for everyone to read. Here are a few of the things I believe God is going to do in 07′ and why I am so PUMPED!
* I believe God is going to move in the hearts of our people even more to give generously toward more space to receive the endless flood of unchurched, dechurched and mature believers who God keeps bringing our way.
* I too believe we are going to see more people come to faith in Jesus Christ this year than in all the years previously. Like my pastor friend, that’s nearly 1500 people! So BUCKLE UP, it’s going to be quite a ride!
* I believe God wants to grow our family and that we’ll see 4,000 people in one weekend this year. And that within 3 months of the completion of a worship center that can seat 1200 we’ll see 6,000. This is the ONLY thing me and Kevin Costner agree on…If we build it, they will come!
I’m going to steal this next one from that pastor’s blog verbatim. You’ll know why I’m not telling you who he is when you read it,
* ‘I believe more critics will begin to emerge nationwideâ€¦and I also believe that they can kiss my rear end if they donâ€™t like what we are doing!!! (Yes, I meant that!)’ <-- Hmm...Seems rather hesitant to say what he really feels, huh? :)
Anyway, I can relate. I can’t tell you all how much I WISH I COULD GET BACK THE TIME I WASTED ON NAY SAYERS! Well, I can’t do anything about being dragged through endless exercises in futility by the Siskel and Eberts of life in the past, but I CAN RESOLVE TO GIVE THEM A TOUR OF THE NEAREST EXIT IN 2007! Life is too short and I won’t have God’s mission and purposes for Southbrook high jacked by spiritual terrorist wannabes. No, not the kind that fly planes into buildings, but the kind who launch verbal missiles at growing, thriving, unified churches. In God’s eyes, they do plenty of damage as well. Anyway, I digress. Shall we continue?
* I believe God is going to quadruple our team of Mighty men, women and youth and even add some fired up children to boot! I believe the children are our future. <-- The ONLY thing I see eye to eye with Whitney Houston about.
My personal favorite =
* believing that hundreds will move from believing that learning ABOUT God = spiritual maturity to believing that falling in love with the Savior = spiritual maturity and total life transformation.
There’s more. Chew on this for a while and I’ll share the rest soon. Somehow, they’re easier to share for me the more I see the number of comments go up from you all indicating that you want to throw your hat in the ring, roll up your sleeves and be a part of this thing (See previous post, ‘A New Year — Who’s In?’)
8 so far…295 to go. :)